Thursday, January 07, 2010

Christmas

Well, this is a bit late, but I've finally gotten around to writing my post about Christmas. :) Sadly it didn't snow for Christmas, it just rained all day instead. Christmas was very nice though. My grandparents came over after breakfast and stayed almost all day, so we opened presents and then had lunch...ham, cheesy potatoes, sweet potatoes, green bean casserole, rolls...all sort of yummy food. I made apple pie and then only ate a small slice of it on Christmas because I was full, and after that we had it out in the garage to keep cool and I kind of forgot about it. :( Oh well, I'll just have to make another one sometime soon, I guess. :D

In years past I've been bored at Christmas time, wishing we did something more exciting or had people over or something, but this year I was really happy to just relax and spend time with the family and I'm very thankful for that.
Colin got a Swiss Army knife:












And a camo umbrella:












And a new hoodie...and lots of other things too:


















Awesome salt and pepper shakers Mom and Dad got me...green!:

















Picture Colin made for Mom, with Grandma's help:


















More awesome presents, from my cousins...a shiny green mug, and very cool placemats with birds on them!:




































It was pretty much all peaceful, apart from my grandma sneezing, and my grandpa deciding (after nearly 50 years of marriage) that he would inform her just now that he's always thought she sneezed rather loudly. At which point the rest of us were all looking rather astonished because she didn't sneeze that terribly loudly and it was just so random. That led to a discussion of sneezing that was rather amusing though. :D

New Year's Eve was also nice, and we got our 300 piece puzzle done in forty minutes. Perhaps we tackled it a bit too competitively...

1 comment:

Caroline said...

It looks like you had a great Christmas!! WOW!! You finished a 300 piece puzzle!?!?!? In 40 minutes!?!? Way to go!