Friday, June 11, 2010

My latest knitting project

I finally finished my knitting project! It was going to be a whole dress, this pattern: Little Black Dress but I didn't have enough yarn, plus I knit very tightly, so it was ending up smaller than it was supposed to be anyway. So I made a tunic-y top instead. I finished it last week I think, and finally got around to taking photos of it.

(Speaking of which, I'm annoyed at how fuzzy the pictures came out. I'm guessing it was because I was using the 2 sec. remote setting, so it wasn't able to focus very clearly, or I managed to move after it did.)

Another disadvantage of the timer? Looking tense because you're trying to take the picture and hold still at the same time. Oh, and I look like I have a Barbie doll hand, because I'm holding the remote in my right hand. :D (Seriously, Barbie dolls always have their hands partially open like that...always makes sure the sleeves of their outfits get caught on the thumb...very annoying. But I digress.) 



















And could my arms look any longer and skinnier?? Goodness. Maybe sleeveless isn't such a good look after all. :P



















I couldn't figure out what other color of ribbon to put in it, so I just went with black. Anyway, I finally got that done, and now my only knitting project is a pair of socks that I started knitting and will have to make myself finish. I'm not too fond of how the first sock is turning out, but I'll have to make another one the same. And then I can go onto a different pattern and some awesome green sock yarn I got. Unless...hmm. Maybe I'll start on the green yarn with a different pattern and if I like how they turn out then I'll rip out the current sock and make a different pattern with that yarn! Yeah...that's sounding like a better plan.

7 comments:

Elisabeth said...

Oh! That's just lovely, Natalie! I'm jealous of your mad knitting skills!

Ana said...

Oh WOW!!!! Cee-Ute!!!!! Wonderfully done.

Sheila Hargett said...

I love it, the color is beautiful! You did great job! It's really cute! Nice pictures too, even with Barbie hand. :)

N said...

Thank you all! :)

Sharon said...

Very nice. And, don't complain about skinny arms or Barbie doll hands. Some of us would love to have skinny arms again and have never had a body part we could compare to Barbie's!

N said...

Thank you. :)

And I know, I shouldn't complain. :P

Kristen said...

So pretty and very darling!