Friday, December 09, 2011

Fusion or FrUStratION...

*sigh* If it's not one thing, it's another. Fusion is installed on my MacBook along with Windows 7, but now it won't download and install the updates for Windows. Dad messed with it last night and couldn't get it to work, then I tried it and it immediately started the download and install process. Hehe. My dad was a little peeved that it just worked for me. However, it got all the way to the end and wouldn't finish installing IE 7 (like I would want that anyway!) so I finally gave up and closed the installer window....and found that there was another window under it that I needed to click "install" on. And now it won't work again. Urgh!!! So I guess while I'm out today I'll stop by Panera and see if I can get the downloads to work while I'm connected to their network, because Dad thought it might have something to do with our network at home...though, that doesn't explain why it worked for a little while last night.

On the school front, I got some classes moved around so that I only have to go three days a week, plus I signed up for another class as well, so if I can test out of the computer class I'll still be getting 16 credit hours, but at the same time, if I don't test out, this other class probably won't interfere and give me too much work. It's something about professional development and not looking like a slob and mumbling when you go to work. (At least that's the impression I got from the description of the class...perhaps it's a bit more useful than that.) ;) It's on Wednesdays, before my self-defense class, so I get to be all business-like and professional and then go beat people up (sort of). Sounds pretty awesome to me.

And then there's Christmas shopping. I've gotten a few things, but Christmas is sneaking up on me and I need to get done! So, I'm going to see what I can do about that this afternoon. It's not helpful that my family is rather hard to shop for...

I'm finally getting excited about Christmas though! :) I got the tree put up yesterday and I'm looking forward to baking and cooking and wrapping presents. I just have to find the time to do all that. Which reminds me: I'm blogging when I need to be vacuuming the house and cleaning the bathroom.

Alrighty, back to work!

No comments: