Saturday, November 18, 2006

Miscellaneous

I have a terrible time thinking of titles for my blog posts...but if you don't title them, they don't show up in the RSS feed. Bother!

Anyway, yesterday wasn't too bad, I didn't get any schoolwork done, but we did get a lot of other things done!
We went to the church about 11:15, and got started on arranging things. The men had arranged the tables when they were there Wednesday night, but we found out we needed two more tables, so I carried two more tables out, and rounded up some more chairs. My arms are a little bit sore today! Then we had to get them all in place, which wasn't easy, because we really had the minimum of space for all the tables, two rows of three tables, and then another row of two, and the two food tables. Luckily I'm used to arranging things in my bedroom and figuring out just how much space can be used for something, and that was helpful! Leaving enough room for people to walk and for chairs to be scooted out took a little measuring. We finally got the tables in place and tableclothes on them, then the Beasleys(the pastor's family) got there with the decorations, and the girls and I got them all arranged.

Then we got home, had a late lunch, got grocery lists ready, and left for the grocery stores.
Mom and I went to two grocery stores to get groceries for the dinner this Sunday, and also for Thanksgiving. Then we hurried home, got all the groceries unloaded as quickly as possible, then we were off to pick up Dad from work. I felt like I was going non-stop all day! Then after we picked Dad up from work we did various other errands and stuff. I got to drive a lot, but goodness people were driving badly! I don't know why, but it was crazy! And when we were going to pick Dad up, I saw so many people without their headlights on. And around here it gets dark right about 5, so at 5:15 it's certainly dark enough that you should have your headlights on. Well, we survived even with all the crazy driving!

I got a hashbrown casserole mixed up and in the fridge for tomorrow. I'm also making green bean casserole, and I would have mixed it up too, but Dad said there wasn't room in the fridge. So I'll mix it up tomorrow afternoon while the hashbrowns cook.

If I have time tomorrow, I'll caulk around my sink, because it will have time to cure while we're gone, but I don't know if I'll have time. Hopefully I will, because I don't know when else I will have that much time without it getting wet and I need to get it done before Wednesday, plus I have some touch-up painting to do after I caulk. I've already done my shower and toilet, but the sink's almost always wet! If I can't get this done before our company comes, I just won't. But I'd like to get it looking nicer, and I'm going to be busy Monday and Tuesday cleaning!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Interesting.... "bother." Do you like Winnie the Pooh?