Friday, November 03, 2006

Part 1: Stitching, knitting, and hiking...

...not all at the same time though!
I know I haven't posted for a while, sorry about that. I thought I'd have time last week since Dad had taken the week off and I had it off too, but when Dad's home we've got lots of projects, so I didn't have time after all. It was nice to have a week off though, we all went up to the mountains on Tuesday I think it was, to see the fall color and hike some. The trees were all very pretty...We hiked to a waterfall that was really pretty, the trail wasn't all that difficult until you got near the end, then it was all steps down to the falls. Probably about 50 steps (
at least) probably more. Whew! I haven't jogged for a while and I could feel it going back up all those steps! But that was fun, and I got to drive on the way back, and that was even more fun! Seriously, those signs that show the little squiggly road, well when you're in the mountains, they sure aren't kidding! There were two ways to get back home from the state park, and we were going to go back the way we came, until we got behind a school bus.... which was then behind a tractor... I turned around... and then later got behind some people going about 30 in a 45 mph zone. And I don't like driving slow...

On Wednesday, Dad and Colin and I went and played miniature golf in the cold...this isn't exactly the best weather for golf! Dad won of course, but only by two, and Colin had about 30 more than either of us, despite his amazingly lucky hole-in-one! How a five year-old got a hole-in-one, I don't know! And his face was hilarious at the last hole where the ball just goes down a tube into an underground box. He was shocked, worried, frantic, and got down on his hands and knees to look down the hole...and still looked devastated when we tried to explain it to him! Ah...five year-olds...
Then Dad and I played a game of air-hockey (which is the best game ever) and nearly got deafened, because it was an all-metal table, so the puck went '
Pinging' off the sides of the table with deafening pitch. Almost enough to make me not want to play air-hockey... almost.

I've been working on my cross-stitching more since the fair, and I got a chance to get some done while watching ballgames, until my shoulder started hurting anyway. Speaking of ballgames, I guess you could tell that the Cardinals made it to the world series, and beat the Tigers in games: 1,3,4, and 5. And thus won the world series (I'm still not sure whether that should maybe be capitalized?). Anyway, back to the stitching, I've been working on Celtic Banner. The letters are supposed to be done in four different greeny-gray colors, but I decided to do them in an orange variegated instead. There's orange in the piece further down, so I thought it would balance it better anyway, plus not look so blah.

Well, I didn't get to my knitting, or various other things, but this is pretty long and I need to get to bed, so I'll finish this tomorrow.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Putt-Putt and Air hockey... Sounds like a great day! Just add a little skeeball, basketball style and you have a real party! Did you guys go to Adventure Landing?
Ever been to Celebration Station in Greensboro? That place is nice also!