Saturday, March 14, 2009

It's too early

Urgh...I don't like daylight savings time. It usually doesn't bother me too terribly much, but this year it is. This whole week I've been unable to get to sleep, and then sleeping late (but not late enough), and waking up tired. I was blaming some of it on the weather...that I couldn't get to sleep because it was hot and stuffy inside...but that wasn't really it either. It just occurred to Mom and I late this week that it was because of the time change. :/ She had been having trouble getting to sleep too.

So anyway...awful daylight savings time is throwing us all off. (Is that supposed to be capitalized? It doesn't deserve it even if it is...)
I do like it being light later, but it's going to take some getting used to. And I'm going to have to get used to getting up in the morning by Tuesday because I go back to work then. :( I'm just really thankful that this past week was when I was off work, so I was able to sleep in.

And yes...now I'm up at....11:40 on a Saturday night writing a blog post. I'm planning on having caffeine with breakfast, and maybe a nap in the afternoon tomorrow. :D I would have gone to bed a little bit earlier, but I was hungry and needed some ice cream.

The cat has given up on me and already gone to sleep:














I shall have to get her to move though, because she's right where my feet will need to be...

5 comments:

Lizzie said...

Aw, poor kitty! :) I'm up very late, er, early, too, and I hadn't realized it was because of daylight savings time... but I think you're right. And I think it is supposed to be capitalized, but it definitely doesn't deserve it. (I didn't know other people thought of capitalization as an honor! :P I thought I was just weird.)

Anonymous said...

FYI, it's "Daylight Saving Time," not "Daylight Savings Time."

N said...

Hehe...well, maybe we're both weird. :D

Oh hmm...I don't think I've ever said it right then...

Lizzie said...

That could be... ;D

Wow. I've never said it right either. With the "saving" I change the whole emphasis of the phrase...

Amanda A Gordon said...

Many more people I know are having problems with daylight savings. I always like having more daylight, but this happens naturally anyway. However, my biggest problem is feeling like I should still be sleeping in the mornings when I get up and it is slightly still dark outside.