Thursday, March 12, 2009

Posts? You expect me to post on this blog?

Hmm...blogging. That's right, I have a blog and it needs some words on it as well as photos. Unfortunately I seem to be either lacking in words, or using them up via other outlets. I was telling Mom the other day that I feel like I've been talking more than usual. She seemed surprised, so maybe that's not the explanation. Maybe I'm just getting talked out faster, so it seems like I'm talking more... It just seems like I'm lacking in things to blog about...there's either nothing important that I'm pondering, or when I am, it's something I don't feel like writing about.

Anyways...I've been off work this week, so I'm trying to get some stuff done that I don't have time for on weeks I'm working. I've been able to get some reading done which is really nice. I was thinking the other day about all the reading I used to do, mainly because I would grab whatever book I was reading whenever I wasn't doing something else and it was almost impossible to pry me away from it. But I don't usually do that anymore, plus to be able to really comprehend something other than a fiction book I can't have much noise in the background. So I haven't accomplished as much reading in the past few years. I just finished reading "The House of the Seven Gables" though.

Let's see...what else? Oh, I went hiking on Saturday with my friend Jess. We went up to Hanging Rock State Park and climbed all over the muddy rocks by a waterfall and had lots of fun and took lots of pictures. :) I hadn't been hiking for a while, so it was nice to get out in the warm weather last weekend and hike.

Then of course the time change was on Sunday, so I was really tired and kinda sorta fell asleep after the lunch potluck after church... :p I was leaning on the couch listening to a political discussion and kind of spacing out. I'm not sure if I ever completely fell asleep, but I got a nice rest anyway. :D ...and a couple of comments like, "I think Natalie's asleep..."

I made some granola this afternoon using this recipe. It turned out pretty yummy, though I still have to see how it is with milk on it...I was just eating it plain. And I'm thinking about trying to make some bagels either tomorrow or Saturday.

So...sorry about the lack of real posts. And I'm afraid this is all I've got right now. *sigh*

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

What was your opinion of "The House of Seven Gables?"

N said...

I liked it...it was a bit slow-going at some points, but it was good. Have you read it? I don't want to spoil the plot or something...but there were a few things I wasn't really satisfied with the way they were resolved just from a moral standpoint.

I found it a lot easier to understand than "The Scarlet Letter" though...but it was the same sort of thing where I would sort of agree that the puritans were a little too zealous, but the book seems to sort of condone sin because "Oh, they were way too harsh, or that person deserved to be killed". :D

But it was well-written, and I enjoyed reading it.

Anonymous said...

I pretty much felt the same way, like there was a little something missing in the story... but it has been several years since I read it, so I don't remember exactly what it was that I felt was lacking. I might enjoy it more now since I'd understand it better,(I assume), but I do remember that when I first finished it, re-reading it was the last thing I wanted to do! :P

"The Scarlet Letter" drove me nuts! lol! :)

N said...

Haha! I'm glad I'm not the only one who feels that way about "The Scarlet Letter"! I know it's a classic, and probably has to be analyzed or something to fully get it, but I was just not impressed. Well-written also, but not as appealing story-wise.