Saturday, July 01, 2006

Painting...first layer

Well, today I got the first coat of paint on the walls. It... well, it doesn't look as dark as I thought it would, and it looks more yellow/gold than I thought it would... hmmm... Right now all I can do is wait to see how it looks when it dries completely. It will probably look darker, plus seeing the blue tape around the trim is making it look different.
Here's a picture of how it looked yesterday, before the paint:
Complete with all the junk in my room! I moved my bed back in there for a couple nights while it didn't smell like paint too badly. Since I painted, I moved it back out to the living room, but it takes up a lot of room, so that's not real great.

So here's a picture of what I got done today... and all that stuff I wrote up there about it darkening and everything... that was to comfort me! I'm really freaking out about the color! It's too gold! It's not dark enough! Here's the picture:
I darkened the picture so that it would look like it does in person, it was a whole lot lighter in the original picture. The color is named "Moose Mousse" by the way... it sounds vaguely disgusting... I saw on someone's blog they were talking about this color and I think they said something about it bringing to mind visions of moose and blenders... which it does... um, yeah, anyway...
So that's how it looks, and hopefully it will change some, because I'm not really too sure about it.

Oh, and on another note... Colin (my little brother) walked in there after I had finished, says "Ohhh! It's all Moose Mousse colored!... I really hate this color." Oh thanks! That's just great! He says it needs to be darker! And keep in mind here, that he is only 4, almost 5! I mean, a total expert on decorating right? Right... (insert sarcasm and British accent).

I don't know when I'm going to get around to painting the second coat. I'd probably have time tomorrow, but I don't think I feel like painting tomorrow. Oh, and I've got paint in my hair, which may or may not come out before church tomorrow... hopefully it will! I know I had paint all over my hands, and I think I scratched my head, or brushed my hair out of my face, or something. It didn't come out when I washed my hair, maybe it will come out when I brush it... which I need to do before it dries completely! Gotta go!

11 comments:

Anonymous said...

sweet!! hey, brooke (the short one!) showed me the letter u sent her!! hahah! i was included in the letter! well i g2 hit the sheets cause its fricken 1 in the morning and im SO tired, i JUST got home from camp! ttyl Natalie!!
*Dale*

Anonymous said...

Mooses?? MOOSES????!

N said...

Oops...just moose...that's a hard one!

Anonymous said...

hehe...colin should come and redo my room!!

Anonymous said...

omgoodness- nat!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!hehehehehehehehHEHEHE...my mom would have said the same thing about mooses and stuff and gooses......hehheheeeh......ummmmnnnnnn.....well, yeah- hey dale!!!!!!!!!! i love that little animal.. er should i say aminal 2 fit n w/ u? LOL!!! where did u say mooses cuz i honestly didnt catch it b4 ur mom said sumthin.....what iz that animal? and how does it fit n w/ the blog right there? i love the room cully( my cuzzy's stuffed colorful bear's name) and i dont think itz gold but i gotta c it live and it looks more beige but i gottal c it!! and r u gonna paint ur furniture? BLACK~!~!~! please! ill help u!!!!!

Anonymous said...

hey this is beka from camp!!!!!!!!!!!

Anonymous said...

hey--have you heard the band barlowgirl?? they are like one of my favorite bands. here's the site...
http://www.barlowgirl.com/

i miss you!!

Anonymous said...

who said hey dale????

if its zoe!! hey!!!! i miss ya lots!! but if not.......who the heck r u?
haha!
*Dale

Anonymous said...

hehe- hey rebecca...u sound cute!! hehe....ummm i like hehe's and um i know most of ur music...well, ill ttulata..and can i have ur email address?? we can just chat on natalie's blog but u know...or if u wanna give it to ne through like nat's email or whatever....ill ttysoon!!! what r ur hobbies??

Anonymous said...

hey pants...do you have a name or do you just go by "pants"? oh and natalie...what kind of music do you like (since that whole "just say what you like and i'll tell you if i like it" thing didn't really work...:D)

Anonymous said...

hey rebecca!! i have a name but itz a secret!! hahahaha!!!
muahahahaha!!!!! jk!! im a really close friend of nats!!