Friday, December 22, 2006

It's gotten bigger...


My sweater is, well, I won't say almost done! I still need to do two, long sleeves, weave in the ends of yarn, wash, and dry it. But the main part is done and I'm hoping it fits properly. I tried it on after I finished that part, but the sleeve holes aren't open (all the stitches are on narrow holders) so I couldn't put my arms anywhere! In other words, not real accurate! :) I've stitched about 2-3 inches of sleeve since I took that picture... one sleeve that is.

Petunia has decided that it's a blanket for her, not a sweater for me! I had to promise her I'd make her a blanket with the leftover yarn. Actually, I was planning on making a whole big throw for my bed.

I will have a bunch of yarn leftover, because I got two big bags of "mill ends" of what I think is Bernat brand "Soft Boucle", except that this stuff feels even softer, and the only problem I've found so far is that one of the skeins of yarn seems to have melted plastic stuck to it. But each bag is a pound, and has about 4-5 lumps of yarn in it, and I got two bags for $10 at A.C. Moore. I got two because I had no idea how much I needed, so I'll have plenty for a blanket for me, that the cat can use as well.

Now I need to get back to knitting, and all my other work that I have to do... because there is other work, and in the long run, a clean bathroom is more important than having a sweater by Sunday... I guess... :)
That is... I'll knit if I can ever get the cats off of it.

Gracie can't wait for Christmas! And she's getting a pretty new black collar with rhinestones on it... grocery store find for a dollar something... inexpensive Christmas bling for the cat. I'll try to get her to model it.

No comments: