Monday, June 12, 2006

Pictures and progress

Well, progress and slight disappointment. Progress is on the jacket/shrug thing that I'm crocheting. It's called "Short & Sweet" and it's really been neither. Maybe if the designer had worked on the directions instead of thinking of a cute name for it, it would have been done already (short) and a whole lot easier (sweet)!!!

Here's a picture of it without sleeves:










And the disappointment is the garlic that I dug out of the garden this evening. The tops had died down so it wasn't going to grow any more, but I expected them to be a bit bigger than this:









I guess the three in the back are a bit bigger, but they look more like pearl onions than heads of garlic. Maybe it's because I planted grocery-store garlic that had sprouted. Maybe it can sprout, but not grow very much?? Whatever the reason it was a bit of a disappointment, and I think I'll buy sets to plant next year.
On a good note, all the rain we've been getting the past few days has been good for the rest of the garden, especially the lettuce which I thought was a goner.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

hey- i L-O-V-E this pic...it looks like sumthing from like a magazine...its really cool and like earthy/fresh....like sumthing on the FRONT of a magazine that i would c n whole foods and i like the way that place feels and ur pic would fit n perfectly there~!~ i love it!Very organicy!

N said...

Yep..."Garlic on Cement". Very artistic isn't it? I'm glad you like it...thank you!

Anonymous said...

ur welcome!

Anonymous said...

well- not really anonymous- not on purpose at least!