Wednesday, August 12, 2009

People get ready....

I heard Eva Cassidy's music first when the figure skater Michelle Kwan skated to Eva's version of Sting's "Fields of Gold".



After hearing that, I bought a couple of Eva Cassidy's CDs, and found this song as well:



But then, there's also a version of "People Get Ready" sung by Rod Stewart and Jeff Beck. And it's completely different...in fact, it looks like they can tell it's just not working and is coming out cheesy. :D People get ready...for...eighties hair!

3 comments:

Abigail said...

Wow! I hadn't seen that video of the figure skater. Impressive!

Beth said...

Well, my first exposure to that song was seeing the Stewart/Beck version on MTV. I like the sound of it a lot...but I agree that having to watch sleazemeister Rod singing about thanking the Lord is a bit much.

brlittle said...

Nobody sings it like Curtis Mayfield (Impressions).