Saturday, August 22, 2009

Wedding blog quiz

Several of my blogging friends have done this quiz, and since it's a little variety from the usual questions on a blog quiz, I thought I'd do it too. :)

1. What two qualities do you want most in your future husband (besides being a Christian)? Well, of course I want someone who loves the Lord and is striving to serve Him, and can be an encouragement to me in those areas as well. (Just to add to the "Christian" part.) And besides that...hmm...compassion and responsibility. Among others, but I guess I'd put those first.

2. Is there a fictional character you see as a model for your future husband? Well, I liked Lizzie's answer pretty well! :) Mr. Knightley and Mr. Tilney (both from Jane Austen novels). There are probably others, but those are the two I always think of first.

3. Where do you want your wedding? In a pretty church/chapel.

4. What are your views on courtship? That's a very open question! My views on courtship? Well...first of all, I think "courtship" has unfortunately got some bad connotations to it, in my opinion, so I'm kind of unsure about using that term. I think it's the mindset and motive, not what you call it that matters. You can call it dating and it still be fine. Basically, it's getting to know someone, with the intention or at least serious possibility of marrying them if it works out, not just to have fun, and have a girlfriend or boyfriend and "be in love" for a while, until you decide you're tired of them.

5. Do you have a purity ring/locket? No, I don't. And if you have one, that's fine for you, but personally, I'm afraid I don't see the point. It's a heart issue, and a decision you've made, and a ring is going to do nothing if you decide to go against that decision. I guess it's supposed to be a reminder, but once again, (and this is just my opinion, I don't mean to offend anyone) if that's all that's stopping you, there are bigger problems. And the lockets, well, my dad and I are not the sort to do the whole "I'm practically 'married' to Daddy until he finds a proper young man worthy of me! And Daddy is just a perfect saint, and he'll keep those scary boys away from me" thing. (Note, I'm not personally acquainted with anyone who acts like that, but they're out there. :) If you have a locket, but you and your dad aren't treating it that way, then that's cool, it's just not my thing.) However, I do think my dad is my protector and authority until I'm married, and I trust him to watch out for me, and not let me marry some cad, because I'm too smitten to see clearly. :)

6. Do you have or want a hope chest? I have stuff stored in boxes...so not exactly a hope chest, but I am collecting things.

7. Will you wear a veil at your wedding? I don't know...I'm thinking probably not.

8. What kind of wedding dress do you want? Either the one I have, or something fairly simple, probably with short sleeves. No train...too inconvenient.

9. What color bridesmaid dresses do you want? Something that looks nice on all of them hopefully, for their sakes! :D I'm thinking burgundy (I think most people can wear burgundy...), or maybe black. I do like black a lot...

10. What flowers do you want in your bouquet? Oh wow...I'm not sure. Lilies maybe. It kind of depends on what colors I pick.

11. What do you want to name one of your daughters? I don't know.

12. What do you want to name one of your sons? Don't know that either.

13. How many kids do you want? However many I have. I'm thinking 5-8 would probably be the limit on how many I could handle! :P I'm not that energetic of a person. Something like that.

14. What music do you want to play at your wedding? Well, two of my favorite pieces of classical music are Pachelbel's Canon in D, and Bach's Jesu, Joy of Man's Desiring both a little typical perhaps, but that's what came to mind first. Possibly some hymns, or some Celtic music or something. I don't really know for sure.

15. Are you a hopeless romantic? Hmm, that depends on how you define "hopeless romantic". I'm practical, in the long run, but I also adore love stories that turn out well, and I want to be married...but I do know it's not always going to be easy. So, I dunno....does that equal hopeless romantic??

I liked this article on Boundless...in fact, I thought it was kind of funny. :) Basically it's about how there are so many suggestions about relationships, and how you have to do it this way or it won't work, and then someone else says "no, do this, or it won't work", and how it makes it all so overly complicated, and there end up being too many "rules". :D Avoiding Relationship Paralysis

"
Spend time in the right places. Church is usually good. That seedy nightclub right next to the twice-raided meth lab? Usually bad." Oh really?...shoot. ;)

"
Finally, if you actually manage to meet someone you find appealing, interesting and spiritually compatible -- at least as far as you can tell without instituting an FBI-style background check..." :D It was a refreshing article, I must say.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Hi there! I see that you like cross stitching
as I do. Thought I'd let you know that I have
a nice sized Christmas freebie that I have put
up for everyone. Look forward to you stopping
by! Enjoy!

Leeanne

Lizzie said...

Hahah!! That is a great article! =D