Friday, October 19, 2007

Finally...a post from Natalie!!

Okay, Rebecca is writing this for me because I have problems with the keyboard. (Actually I ended up typing this, because I can't dictate without cracking up the whole time...most people will recognise my problems with commas...that's not Rebecca!)

Anyway...starting with the flight, it wasn't too bad except for the last part. The last plane we were on was a really small plane and for some reason this guy thought he had the aisle seat, even though one of us did...so I was sitting by the window and Rebecca and Andrea were on the other side of the plane. I wished I'd just sat in the aisle seat (where I should have been anyway) because the guy didn't talk the whole time, and for some reason he seemed really nervous about flying. He was paying very close attention to the flight attendant's presentation, and kept fidgeting the whole time...I have no clue what his problem was!! I felt like I was blocking the window too, because he kept looking out of it and I was kind of in the way. Then Rebecca was on the other side looking green so I'm trying to look around him and ask her if she's okay...so he's sitting there, looking from one of us to the other as we're trying to talk...and kept doing that almost the whole time! Weird...

Then there was some "artist" lady sitting a few rows behind me talking to this poor guy who at first was trying to sort of ignore her. He finally gave up and just got interested in what she was talking about.

See...(and this is an almost exact quote)....it's really, really nice in Bend. There are bears, and deer, and other animals. Because, see she's a wildlife artist, so she makes pictures of all these wonderful animals, but the thing is...and get this...she doesn't use pencils and paper! She uses glass and metal and like the horns of some animal. And she did this really neat picture with metal and glass....and it came out really beautiful!!! And he should look at these samples of her art, and she has a business card she can give him too (she's really reasonable)...and he's welcome to stay with her if he visits again, because she knows that he's a nice kid.

So, anyway, crazy artist lady...the guy managed to at least sound really interested in what she was saying... then he started a conversation with the little girl sitting in front of him which led to some discussion of Norwegian names, because the girl's name was Anika...

Then the artist lady was telling him that her son was very tall, he couldn't even stand upright on planes, and she told this guy that he was about 6 foot 4...and he seemed rather surprised...

So that was the last part of the flight over here...very interesting!

Let's see, what else has happened...Rebecca told about the cat, and youth group and all that. Oh, a cat showed up at youth group too...it's rather frightening the way I attract cats!

We went shopping a whole bunch of places on Monday, Rebecca and Andrea found coats at Maurice's. When I was paying for the coats the girl working there asked for a phone number, so I gave her my home number, of course, and she's like "Where are you from??!!!" Which was kind of weird, but I liked it better than the fake politeness you get some places. Out here it seems like people are either totally silent or fairly outspoken. We went to Talbot's during our shopping trip and I got stuck talking to the saleslady while Rebecca tried something on...and the lady would not stop talking! She was nice though.

We went hiking on Sunday afternoon and for some reason it seemed like everyone was staring at us...I'm not sure if we really don't look like we're from Oregon, or if it was because we were carrying our purses while hiking, or because Rebecca was wearing a Cubs hat, or what, but it was weird.

Okay, so I can't think of anything else to write!

I bought a hat today....just for a random fact, if anyone cares!
We watched a movie last night "Everything is Illuminated" it was pretty good...kind of depressing at the end, because it just sort of ended suddenly, but it was still good! :)
And a lot of other random stuff that has kind of been floating around this past week, but no one would really know what I was talking about! Just one random quote that I think could be used for so many things...
"You can do a lot in 7 minutes, but not too much"...and don't worry, it wasn't referring to anything bad! :D
Well, I'd better go! We're going to go watch another movie: "Roman Holiday" which we've all seen before...but it was so good we're going to watch it again!
Bye-bye!...wow, that was random....

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ummm...I think it was the purses. :)

I like the hat!

Anonymous said...

And then the artist lady was going on about how "We should all be individuals, because if we were all the same, we wouldn't be different. Which is why I believe in good education."

Anonymous said...

Yeah, Natalie, I think it was the purses...you could've brought backpacks! ;)

Anonymous said...

Who is in the picture with the hat? Is that you, Natalie?

N said...

Mmm...maybe...ok, yeah, that's me! :)

Anonymous said...

Great picture Natalie & I love the hat!