Sunday, October 21, 2007

Oh, look...a smoke alarm...

This morning we went back to FBC...and once again, it was really awesome. I am really gonna miss this youth group when I leave. We were all feeling kind of depressed as we pulled out of the parking lot. I am really liking Oregon, and I'm not quite ready to go back to Ohio yet.

Later on we had our traditional try-to-keep-Rebecca-from-falling-off-an-icy-cliff hike at Tumalo Falls. The little trail up to the top of the falls was all slushy and icy, and my Chucks don't have much tread on the bottom...which you'd think I'd have figured out by now. But it was actually not that bad and I made it out alive (and so did Natalie, who had to drag me down to the car).

After that we hiked to the top of Pilot Butte, which was fairly easy. They must've forgotten to put the ice on it before I came. On the way home we stopped at Starbucks because we were freezing to death. Natalie got a machiatto just like Elijah Wood in "Everything is Illuminated"...which is a very good movie to watch when you're as tired and insane as we were (and Natalie says machiattos are very good).

Oh...and we've started this hiding-in-the-closet-and-jumping-out-at-people thing. It's really very fun.

Well...have a lovely day...and maybe some toast, or a bagel! (Now all of Natalie's readers think I'm insane...oh well)

~Rebecca

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

What....no picture of Tumalo Falls to show us? Or a view from the top of Pilot Butte perhaps?

Anonymous said...

I forgot to bring my camera cord...otherwise I'd put one on here. Maybe I'll use one of Natalie's...

Anonymous said...

Rebecca - you've seen me, but you probably don't know me. For your info, I like Elves, Harrison Ford, Spiderman and Orlando Bloom. But Elijah Wood is on my list of people I like, too. Tell Natalie not to be so picky about keyboards.

N said...

That's Maria from church :)

Anonymous said...

I like Harrison Ford too :)

Natalie, don't be so picky about keyboards. But didn't it feel weird to use yours at home after two weeks of using the other one?

N said...

Because of Star Wars, right?

Yeah, I was having almost as much trouble typing on ours when we got back! I've gotten used to it again though!

Anonymous said...

Actually, I like Indiana Jones better :)

Anonymous said...

Rebecca -
Was that a joke, or do you really like HF? If you do, you rock! I really want to meet you...do you also like, uh, Legolas...? Ha ha ha. Why do I get myself into this stuff? I'll explain it to you later. Do you think I'm really dumb or do you think that this is just a weird joke? By the way, I've never seen Indiana Jones, but I really, really, really, really want to!!! =)

Anonymous said...

Of course I really like Harrison Ford (I thought everybody did...). Legolas...not so much anymore...