Sunday, October 28, 2007

I'm back!

I'm home that is...
Our plane got into Charlotte around 11 Wednesday night, so we didn't get home and to bed until about 2 probably! Not fun... especially since we had to get up at 9 the next morning and take my cousins to West Virginia to meet up with my uncle. Apparently when the alarm went off Thursday morning, Rebecca asked me if I wanted to get in the shower or should she go? Supposedly, I mumbled something unintelligible and rolled over taking my pillow with me. At which point she asked me why I was sleeping with a pillow and I told her to "Get in the shower!!!!" I barely remember all of that though! I just vaguely remember that it seemed like she kept bothering me when I wanted to sleep! :) They hadn't seen how I act in the morning when I don't want to get up, because I hadn't been sleeping that well the past two weeks and usually got up before they did!

So, anyway, I managed to get up finally and we got started, although a little bit later than we intended. It was raining almost the whole time it seemed. I think it took about 2 hours and 15 minutes or so to get to W. Virginia (Tamarack travel plaza is where we decided to meet up), so we made fairly good time.
And of course, guess what's at the travel plaza? A cat...I'm getting rather tired of there being cats everywhere I go! I don't really want another cat!

I drove on the way back...the most driving in the rain that I've done. It took a long time to get back because we got stuck in traffic on 77. There was some sort of tractor-trailer accident up ahead and it took a long time to get past that.

I think I'm finally getting used to being back home again! I actually got my suitcase unpacked within a week...that's unusual! I usually hate to unpack stuff so I let it sit in my suitcase until I use it...not this time...well, there is a lot of stuff on my floor instead...

It's hard to explain to someone who wasn't there, all the craziness that went on the past two weeks! I've discovered this while trying to explain to my mom why something was funny...."See, this happened, so then we remembered that later, at one in the morning..." I think that had a lot to do with it... lack of sleep. Speaking of lack of sleep, I just forgot what I was going to write...aghhhh!

Also, speaking of craziness, I who am not scared of very many things at all...except for a few really irrational fears...suddenly freaked out when the plane was landing in Charlotte. I have no fear of flying, I don't get sick...Rebecca was the one who was freaking out if any of us were. Well, I look down and see that the runway is all wet because it's been raining a whole lot in Charlotte...I grab Rebecca's wrist (I really meant to grab the armrest, but unfortunately for her, I got her arm first) and freak out because for some reason I think the plane is going to slide off the runway since it's so wet! And Rebecca just laughed at me! Which is what I deserved, but still! :)

Also I'm trying to figure out what city we saw from the plane when we were going over Missouri...the little map they showed on the airplane screens showed that we somewhere between Dixon and Saint Louis and that STL was maybe, 64 miles away? I'm trying to figure out if you could see that distance from a plane. I should have written down the latitude and longitude, but by the time I found my pen they weren't showing it anymore. Whatever city it was it seemed pretty big and spread out...and it looked really neat from the airplane, lots of lights.

The Redmond airport that we left from in Oregon is a really tiny little place. There's only one "gate" which isn't even designated as a gate, in fact it looks more like a hospital waiting room!

There were two line through security, but I don't remember if both of them were even open. Poor Andrea...she told me I probably didn't need to bother taking my belt off, because she got through security at Charlotte and her belt had a lot more metal than mine...so guess what, her belt sets off the metal detector, plus she had a little bottle of hand lotion that she hadn't PUT IN A PLASTIC BAG! I really don't see what the point of the plastic bag is, except to limit the amount you can carry. In other words I don't see what the point is of putting one little bottle of lotion (when it's clear that's all there is) in a bag, which is what the security guy did. I suppose if we'd had to go through security in another airport it would have needed to be in a bag...

So, that's that...I can't think of anything funny that happened on either of the planes on the way back...Rebecca, Andrea, am I forgetting anything funny? I would think if it had been anything really funny I probably would have remembered.

So that's all for now! I really should go take a nap before church tonight!

Oh yeah, I meant to mention "Good Monsters" (that Rebecca mentioned) is the Jars of Clay CD we were listening to...just for clarification...

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am so very ashamed of my not using a plastic bag... I'm such a hooligan :)

Anonymous said...

P.S: I got Starbucks today!!!!

Anonymous said...

I wasn't laughing at you in a mean way!!

It has been so very weird this last week not sharing a room with you (and not hiding in the closet!). Oh...and you forgot that one really really hysterically funny joke: Elijah Wood...can you tell I need to get some sleep??

I want Starbucks.

N said...

Thank you!

Yeah I got used to sharing a room with you two...it was fun, except for the socks...

What joke? I can't remember what you're talking about! Tell me!

Anonymous said...

Ugh...not the socks...

Elijah Wood is the joke :D

N said...

Oh, I guess I didn't mention it...you'll have to write a guest post about it!