Friday, November 14, 2008

Tag! You're it!

Sarah E. tagged me for this. The rules are:
  • Link to the person who tagged you.
  • Post the rules on your blog.
  • Write Six Random Things about yourself.
  • Tag a few other people at the bottom of the post.
  • Leave comments on their blogs, letting them know they've been tagged!
  • Let the person who tagged you know when you've written the post.
1. I have a strange habit of mostly only addressing people by their names when I'm a little fed up with them. :p If it's a case of getting the attention of someone, or differentiating between several people, it's different, it's necessary in that case. But if it's a situation where I had no need to do so, and I address you by name, I just might be upset with you about something. lol Or I might just be telling you something very important that I want to make sure you to listen to...either way I usually only do it to make a point, and not otherwise. I'm not sure why.

2. I'm very touch-oriented (no, I'm not sure if that's a word...I think it is though...) when it comes to fabrics and such. When I'm in a fabric store or yarn store, I have to feel everything. Also when a friend wears something with some sort of textured fabric, I have a tendency to have to feel a sleeve or shoulder. No, I don't do that to people I don't know very, very well, and so far none of my friends have slapped me either. ;)

3. I like all things British. Otherwise known as Anglophilia, but that sounds like some rare disease. British authors, movies, the flag, tea (okay, tea's not intrinsically British, but anyway...). I even have a belt buckle with the Union Jack on it:










I wanted a flag at one point, but right now I'm not sure where I'd put it. Hmm...

4. I can only print neatly in pencil...which most of the time is not a problem...until you have to fill out a form (in pen!) and you're supposed to print.

5. I love music and wish I could play an instrument, but I seem to have no capability or patience for playing one. So I just enjoy music...and sing along with it. That works.

6. I would like to be a very organized person, with everything neat and tidy. Unfortunately I'm not able to actually keep things neat for very long after I organize them...yes, this causes problems sometimes. For instance, being surrounded by clutter and feeling slightly OCD about it. But unlike my mom, I can sit down and read without picking up all the clutter in the vicinity. Nothing interferes with reading. ;)

I tag: Rebecca, Annabeth, and Alice. And if anyone else wants to do this, you're welcome to. :)

12 comments:

Anonymous said...

Re: #2, you are "tactile".

Amanda A Gordon said...

YOU LIKE ALL THINGS BRITISH????? If you had a boat full of tea, I'd dump it in the harbor!

LOL!

(Of course, first you would have to get a boat, then you would have to fill it full of tea, and we would have to be somewhere near a harbor...)

Brits can be interesting I guess, and they do have a neat flag design. I will have to admit, I have never seen a foreign film, that I can remember, that I have liked...

N said...

Ummm...alrighty then. :P

Amanda A Gordon said...

Come on.... You asked for that one!

Also, I thought you played guitar?

N said...

No, I gave up on that. :(

Anna Taylor said...

Hey Natalie! I finally posted!:)

Jonathan David Page said...

I ran across this following the game of tag, picked up on Tunnel Vision.

And I just HAD to say... I'm British. And it's so much fun living in America because of that. :)

Jessica said...

You're British??? *faints* Wow...a REAL British person has been commenting on MY blog!

Yes, Natalie...I have to admit I have an obsession with all things British as well...and Australian, and New Zealandish (??) as well. Yesterday in a restaurant in DC there were these two British guys eating...my family didn't understand why I was so excited to be in the same building as British people!

N said...

*looks impressed* :D Wait...you're British, and you were at the square dance, right?
If so, I'm still not sure who you were, but I think I danced with your dad...if your dad's name is Matthew. Either that or there were more British people there than I realized! :D

lol@Jessica! Yeah, Australians are cool too...their flag isn't as neat, but their accents are awesome! :D Um, I think that would be New Zealanders...except, no that would be the people. I'm not sure. They're also called kiwis.

Jonathan David Page said...

Yes, I was at the square dance, and that was my dad. Actually, I'm not sure who you were either. :D

@Jessica: I'm... speechless. I've never had anyone react quite that strongly.

N said...

I blogged about the square dance here:http://natalie-elizabeth.blogspot.com/2008/10/square-dance.html ....there are some pictures in that post.

I had on a bright pink skirt and black t-shirt. Yeah, identifying people at dances involves a lot of going by what they were wearing, unless you were lucky enough to catch their name and actually remember it. :D

Hmm...were you wearing a maybe red or brown plaid shirt and khaki pants?? I'm also going by your comment on "Tunnel Vision" that people think you look like Harry Potter. Which, if you're the guy I'm thinking of, you don't really look like HP, but you were also the only one who could possibly have been said to vaguely look like HP...

Jonathan David Page said...

Yep, that was me. I don't look particularly like Harry Potter. I'm not sure why people say I do, but it can get very annoying sometimes. (Especially since I've never read any of the books, and have no desire to.)