- I got up early this morning (well, not really early, but 6:50 is early for a Monday) and it wasn't as bad as I thought it would be.
- I went for a run/jog...and remembered that I really don't like running/jogging.
- It's already hot at 7:00 AM.
- I think I'll stick to walking or riding my bike...they're both aerobic exercise as well, and you get a little breeze when riding a bike. Nothing was moving out there this morning.
- When I got back from my jog, I started watering the garden...when I was turning on the hose out front by the garage I noticed it smelled like gas out there, but since Dad had just left for work I assumed it was residual smell from the car.
- When I went inside I could still smell it...uh-oh...turns out the lawnmower is leaking! So I pushed it outside into the grass and took out the soggy piece of cardboard that had been under it out as well. Luckily Dad had stuck some newspaper-wrapped broken glass under the lawnmower so no one would run into it, and it kept the garage floor from being gas-soaked also.
- Now the paint is coming off the lawnmower because gasoline strips paint...lovely.
- While doing all this, I was still moving the sprinkler around to different bushes, and trying to get the breakfast smoothies made before I went and showered...and I wasn't going to be able to take it much longer! I wasn't hot because I'd managed to drench the back of my shirt (on purpose) while I was watering, but I still really would have liked a shower after jogging.
BUT...nothing can make a Monday better like a piece of toast made from cinnamon bread and a nice cup of tea to go with it. Mmm! (I need to put more filling in my cinnamon bread; it seems to melt away to nothing when I bake it.)
And after all, I have gotten a lot done this morning: I jogged even though I didn't like it, the watering is almost done, I got my shower, I had breakfast, and I really don't have a whole lot that has to be done today, so I should be able to read or work on crafts.
Maybe Mondays aren't so bad after all. :)