Friday, December 05, 2008

Christmas shopping and more

Well, my shopping the other day was successful, though a bit annoying. Almost every store I went to had some sort of music blaring, either Christmas or otherwise, and I really don't like to have to try to think about what I'm buying over all the noise. Argh. Yeah, that's probably the point...don't think, just buy. Unfortunately that doesn't make me buy, it makes me want to scream in the middle of a crowded mall and then beat my head repeatedly on...something. Perhaps on the carousel. Hmm...they have some sort of bouncing/bungee thing for kids...I wonder what the height and weight limit is for that? Looks like good stress relief...

But I got pretty much all the stuff I was looking for. I got a cranberry-colored cardigan from Delias and a couple of t-shirts to use of the rest of the gift card. I was in there forever trying to find something that I even liked! It wasn't even a matter of, well, that's not worth paying $30 for or something. It was more like, that doesn't fit me, and I don't like any of that stuff...and that's flat ugly. But anyway, I found some things.

I got some of my Christmas shopping done too, although I bought one thing for Mom and one for Dad and after I looked at reviews online, I think both will be going back. *sigh*

I stopped in at Barnes and Noble to look for something and got distracted by the display of Barnes and Noble classics....they look so pretty! I didn't buy anything, but I took a picture. :P And also managed to get a bad angle, so you can't see the titles of the books. oops.









I'm going to be busy this weekend...I've got a birthday party to go to Saturday night, church on Sunday, and then there's a performance of Handel's Messiah that I'm planning on going to Sunday afternoon. Several people from church are going, and then we're not having an evening service because it goes till 6:00.

I'm not real fond of opera, but as far as classical music goes, Handel would be one of my top two favorite composers. Plus I love the "Hallelujah Chorus" and some of it will be similar to that..including of course, the chorus itself. :) And the conductor will be the Conductor Emeritus of the Winston-Salem Symphony, Peter Perret...he used to conduct the holiday concert at the coliseum, but last year their new conductor did instead. I don't like the new guy's style as well. He tries to be "relevant" and funny or something, and it's eh...it's okay, but not that good. But Perret is a very good conductor, so that will be nice. :)

So that's what I'm doing this weekend. Then next Saturday evening is going to be our church dinner at Fair Oaks.

Wow...is that not the definition of comfortable? Spoiled cat!









My we're a hard lot to shop for! lol Mom was trying to figure out what to get me for Christmas and anything I need I've either bought, or would have to pick out myself. I finally figured out some stuff to put on my Amazon wishlist, including a bunch of books, some kitchen stuff, and some other misc. things. But none of that is stuff that I need.
We're not sure what to get Dad...he's got specific things he wants as well, and I'm not sure we can figure out how to buy them for him. And Mom's trying to find jeans for Grandpa in 40 x 29. Could there be a harder size to find?! :D I understand, it's certainly hard to find pants to fit right...I was stepping on the hems of my jeans the other day, and I just hemmed four pairs of pants for Colin, because they were about 5 inches too long.

We got our Christmas tree this morning...it's not real. :( But it's a very nice-looking faux one! And it was only $75 because all the trees are on clearance at Lowes. It has three different kinds of needles on it...the molded ones that look real, some somewhat molded, but made out of cheaper plastic ones, and then the flat plastic ones that all the trees used to be made out of. So it should look pretty nice! I'm excited about setting it up...actually, I think I'm more excited about having a tree that needs to be put-together and installed than I am about having it decorated. :P Weird.

1 comment:

Amanda A Gordon said...

It's beginning to look a lot like Christmas, every where you go...turn...!