Monday, December 08, 2008

It's Monday and apparently my brain doesn't work

Um...hmm... I was thinking I was going to blog, but my head seems to have gone blank. Ah... It's the weather I tell you. Something about winter freezes the brain cells, so they don't always work right or only work intermittently. :D

Oh, I went to hear Handel's "Messiah" Sunday afternoon. It was very, very good! I've somehow never heard it, even on CD, so it was neat to get to hear it live the first time. I would say that the sound wasn't very good in the auditorium though...it wasn't really designed to project sound very well. But it was still wonderful...even though it was long! I was having trouble staying awake and at one point almost fell asleep. oops.... :( I was up late the night before and it was dark in there!

Quite a few people from church were there, and my friend Jessica told me later that one of the pastor's daughters (7 year-old) was looking at the conductor and asked, "Is that the guy who wrote it?!" :) Um....not quite. :)

We got our tree set up. Dad put together the two bottom pieces and got them fluffed out this weekend, and I put the top piece on this afternoon...it really looks real! I need to get a picture of it to post on here. We haven't decorated it yet, but it's pre-lit so it looks pretty nice as it is. :) And SO much less hassle. The lights are such a pain to install, getting them all wrapped around a sticky tree. This one isn't sticky of course, but it's still nice to not have to fight with the lights. :P

I went to a birthday party Saturday night, which was lots of fun. We played a game called Encore...where you have to come up with song lyrics. Which was pretty cool for a music junkie like me. :) We also played Cranium, which I hadn't ever played before...even though it's one of those games that it seems like everyone's played.

Oh wow...I'm going to wrap this up. I keep typing things and then deleting them because they don't make any sense. Maybe I'm still low on sleep.

No comments: