Tuesday, December 16, 2008

Toothpaste overload?

Okay, I know I'm weird, but I'm not sure what level of weirdness is indicated by having a favorite kind of toothpaste. Maybe that's more like, um, being picky. :P

On the other hand, why would they have 33 different varieties of toothpaste if there weren't people who didn't like one kind or the other? I mean, surely there's a somewhat reasonable explanation for why we need that many choices? And that's only in one brand.

So while it is daunting to go to the store and be confronted by a huge display of toothpastes, I would argue that there is reason for at least a few choices. And presumably other people have even more requirements from their toothpaste, so they need even more varieties to choose from.

All that to say that I realized I have a favorite toothpaste. Colgate Sparkling White Mint Zing to be exact. It meets the requirements for my toothpaste: paste, not gel...gel leaves a nasty slippery feeling in your mouth, baking soda for extra grit, and mint, but not a sweet mint...a good sharp mint flavor.

Okay, so how weird is that? :P Although I figure it's something I'm putting in my mouth, and if I have a right to be picky about anything, it's what goes in my mouth!

6 comments:

Abigail said...

My mom always gets Tom's toothpaste which is natural. Other people who use it think it's gross because it's not sugary...I guess we're just used to it. :)

Unknown said...

ooh i'll have to try that kind! some things in life you just have to be picky and use what's best for YOU!

Jessica said...

I prefer natural toothpaste...we used to get it, but I don't know what happened. So if we are talking non-natural toothpaste, I like Crest Extra Whitening with Tartar Protection in Clean Mint. It is kind of paste-gel-ish, and for some reason I like it.

I used to try and eat the Tom's kid toothpaste when I was little because it tasted so good. Maybe that is why we stopped...?

Anonymous said...

Ummm...yeah, toothpaste...interesting, Natalie, very interesting...;)
I must say that you are very creative when it comes to picking subjects for blog posts...ha ha, Natalie, you keep us laughing! JK. =)


Well, I do agree with you...some kinds of toothpaste aren't that great...yeah, I guess there have to be some things in life that people are picky about. Actually, I'm known for being super picky about my food - my spaghetti sauce can't touch my broccoli...=)

Anonymous said...

What's up with the "links to this post" thing?

N said...

The blogrolls that show the latest post have started showing as link-backs...I'm not sure why. It's doing that on all Blogger blogs I think.