Monday, April 21, 2008

I'm a little nervous...

...to put it lightly. I'm getting my wisdom teeth out tomorrow...at 8:20...I'm VERY nervous in fact. And yes, I know I'm totally being a wimp, but I've never had surgery of any kind, or an IV, and I have low pain tolerance. Low tolerance for long-term pain anyway, I don't get woozy after sudden pain like Colin does. Which is a shame really, because that doesn't happen to me much...so I'd be better off passing out after a sudden injury. Well, really I'd be better off with high pain tolerance for everything, but anyway...

Mom and I went to the grocery store today and I stocked up on yogurt, rice pudding, cottage cheese, and canned soup. The canned soup that I usually don't like because there's nothing to it. And we have hot cereal and oatmeal for breakfast, and ice cream for milkshakes. And I think Mom said she'd make deviled eggs, because I could probably eat those...and I'll definitely need something that's actually filling! I can't eat anything 6 hours before the surgery...so I'm going to eat lots of homemade pizza tonight. Since I'd rather sleep than get up at 2 in the morning and eat! :p

I requested a bunch of books from the library, but only four of them had come in when I picked them up this morning... I ordered lots of light reading, because I've got plenty of other stuff here to read if I can concentrate on it, a huge history tome for one thing, or some Dickens books for fiction...but I had ordered a bunch of mysteries, and Grace Livingston Hill books, and the Mary Poppins books because I wanted to read those again! :) (Oh, I just checked the library system and all my books are in now! Dad said he could run up there tomorrow if he needs to though.)

Anyway, I'm not really sure how I'm going to feel this week...there will either be no blogging, or lots of blogging, or mopey blog posts when I don't feel well (I'll try to spare you those), or I'll be feeling absolutely perfect and there will be whatever usual number of blog posts because life is going on as usual. I don't think I'll blog tomorrow, as I imagine I may be a bit on the loopy side! :p

But I have some blog posts in my head...including a REALLY random one about a funny blog, and camp, and singing praise choruses and doing trust falls at camp. Yep, I told you it was random. :)

So if anyone has any tips regarding the removal of smart teeth, or anything funny or interesting to cheer me up this week, please share! Or best of all, pray that it goes well, and I recover quickly and not act like a wimp! :)

I'm getting a ton of stuff done today, so that if I do feel awful this week, there won't be as much stuff that needs to be done...I vacuumed the house, brushed the cats, washed my bedding, and cleaned my bathroom. I cleaned my room (!!!) because it was really, really messy (ha-ha! what's new?) and Mom told me that if I expected anyone to be able to find anything for me, or walk through my room even, that I'd better get it cleaned up. So I did. And it looks so much nicer now, but it never stays clean for very long. *sigh* But at least it doesn't look like my closet, dresser, and sewing box exploded all over the room now.

I babysat Saturday night, and we played with Legos this time instead of K'nex...but there weren't very many Legos, so there wasn't a whole lot I could build. They wanted me to build a house, so I built this:









It looks ever so slightly like the Alamo Mission. :)

I want this polar bear! It's so cute:









And I cut their sandwiches properly:









One time I cut the boy's sandwich in triangles and that was a BIG problem! "I need it cut in squares!!" I guess triangles are too girly? So I cut his sandwich in squares and cut hers in triangles. He was very happy. :) And then after she spilled water on one triangle, she tried to convince me that I wanted it. Um, no thanks. "You like peanut butter and jelly?" Yes. "You want the squishy one?" No. "You like the crusty ones?" Yes. "You want the crust on this one??"(hopefully) NO!!! I DON'T WANT THE SQUASHY SANDWICH!!! :p

So, that's what's up with me. See y'all later!

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'll be praying tomorrow! Maybe you could send me a loopy email and tell me how it went :P

I've been eating the nothing-to-it soup today. Since there's no tea. And I didn't feel like making a pot of homemade soup.

Anonymous said...

Oh, and maybe you could eat the squashy sandwich after the surgery!

Ana said...

I got all four of my wisdom teeth removed a couple of years ago. I had never had surgery of any kind before that either. I had an "IV" because I gave blood a couple of times. But it's really not that bad. At least it wasn't for me.

Mom kept a couple of washrags in the freezer after we got home. She rotated them with the ones that I was "thawing". :) Putting them on my cheeks, in plastic bags, wrapped in a cloth if needed, helped keep the swelling down.

I don't remember much about what happened before or after, but one thing I do remember is that my emotions were all out. I came home and my older brother and little sister were at the table so I went and sat with them. My older brother was telling something really funny, and it was funny, but just as every one was starting to laugh I burst out crying. Big, hot tears rolled down my face and I couldn't stop them. :) It was rather dumb. :) Funny now that I think of it, but it wasn't funny at the time.

Anyway, hope that everything goes well and that you feel well and heal fast! I'll be praying for you!

Abigail said...

Good luck with those wisdom teeth! Sorry, can't give you any tips, mine are perfectly intact. :)

Will said...

I'll be praying you make a swift recovery, only being able to eat liquids and soft foods is no fun at all.

Anonymous said...

I'll be praying for you too. And in case you run out of good books, have you read any stuff by Brock and Bodie Thoene? Their "Zion Chronicles" series is really good; Christian, and engrossing! Oh, you can also pass time by watching Hillary speeches, seeing as you're such a big fan of her... :p

N said...

Thank you, everyone! And I know I am over-reacting...Mom and Dad quite frankly told me that! ;) So I'm going to try to look on the bright side. For instance, when else would I get to have rice pudding?! :D And Colin's told me he'll get me stuff if I need anything...so sweet of him! :)

Yes, I thought of that as I was writing about the sandwich, Rebecca! :p Hmm...a squashy sandwich might be just about what I'll be wanting... Sure, I'll send you a loopy email if I'm up to it! :D

Thank you, Ana, that was encouraging! And the frozen washrags sounds like a good idea...if being emotional is the main problem, I'll be quite happy! :)

And Abigail (second Abigail, Abigail T., I think?) do you think I want to feel worse?!! :D Hillary...*shudder* Ha-ha!
No, I haven't read anything by the Thoenes, although I've heard of them. I'll have to check those out sometime.

Olivia Joy said...

Well girlfriend, please no scary stories....I have to get mine done in a couple weeks.
I do have a really high pain tolerance....with the way it's looking I might not even be allowed pain medication....So it's probably a good thing to have ;)