Thursday, April 17, 2008

Oh dear! :(

I went to Great Clips this evening to get my hair cut. The lady did a really good job! She could tell that it had been all messed up last time I got it cut, and that was reassuring...if she thought it looked fine I might have ended up with the same thing again! :) But she got the layers evened out and everything. It's a little shorter than I wanted, but I can still pull it back, and I thought it might take some cutting to fix it.
Okay, so the problem is, it cost $12 and she gave me a $2 coupon, so it only cost me ten dollars, she did a great job...and I totally forgot to give her a tip! So now I feel awful! :( So I'm not sure what I'll do...maybe if I'm over in that shopping center this weekend I'll see if she's working and go give her her tip...I don't know.

I don't have any pictures of what I got done today...

I planted squash seeds in little newspaper pots, when they get big enough, I'll transplant them wherever we decide to put them. I also got green beans planted.

I worked on my skirt; it's almost done, I just need to hem it. I hate working with rayon fabric...it slides all over and stretches out of shape...it's really a pain.

I got the fabric cut out for Mom's coupon pouch, but that's all I got done on it.

I made supper tonight, and it wasn't until after we'd eaten it all that I realized I had meant to take a picture. "Oh bother," I said, "we just ate half my blog post."
I made these things that were little pie crust rounds, with a filling of chicken, cream cheese, and chives. I put a spoonful of filling on a circle of pie dough, put another circle on top, and crimped the edges with a fork. It would make a lot more sense if I had a picture. :)

So that was today (for some reason I just typed "tofu" instead of "today"...maybe because I'm typing standing up.)

5 comments:

Beth said...

"So that was tofu"...but it tasted like chicken/cheese turnover thingies!!

:)

Olivia Joy said...

Once my sisters got their hair cut and totally forgot to tip the lady. So they just sent her a check in the mail.
Wow, you guys have cheap hair dressers!!! Around here we're lucky if we can find a place cheaper than 20 dollars!!!

Ana said...

Oh, I can't wait to see the skirt! I'm sure it is so wonderful. You are a very skill lady when it comes to sewing, knitting, crocheting, etc., etc.. I wish I was.

N said...

Well Olivia, this was only Great Clips...not a real hairdresser...those are usually around twenty at the cheapest around here too.

Hmm...I'll take a picture of the skirt when it's finished, but I'm not sure that it's going to be anything spectacular, Ana! :) You do crafts, don't you? Quilting, at least?

Ana said...

I do enjoy doing crafts. I love crafty notebooks, sewing, crocheting, but knitting is not my thing, I can't ever get it to work.