Sunday, July 13, 2008

arrrgh... :(

Something ate my tomato!!! Our tomato plants aren't doing well at all, but I had managed to get one tomato that was almost ready to pick and then when I looked out there this afternoon it was gone. Completely gone! It seems like usually when the squirrels get stuff they just eat off of it while it's on the plant, or take it off and leave part of it there, but whatever got my tomato took the whole thing! *sigh* It must have tasted good. :(

I made some zucchini bread this afternoon and it turned out all right anyway. :) Well, sort of. I haven't ever made it before, so I got a recipe out of the Pillsbury cookbook we have and it tastes really, really good, but the loaves stuck to the pans terribly. The recipe said to just grease the bottom of the pans, so maybe they wouldn't rise properly if you greased the sides. I think when I get some more zucchini I'll try making it again and greasing the whole pan thoroughly...see if that works. If not, it'll be time to look for a different recipe.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

So dear Zuzu is no more?? :'0

N said...

I'm afraid so...:( He (or she?) tasted really good though.....