Wednesday, July 30, 2008

Things that go "bump" in the morning

So yesterday morning my alarm went off and I rolled over to get it and fell out of bed.

Okay...let me know when you stop laughing.

Done? Okay, I'll continue. ;) How on earth did someone my age fall out of bed you're wondering...good question. Apparently when I sleep very, very soundly, I flip back and forth several times, so I end up with the covers bunched up around my neck, or I'm all the way over on one side of the bed. Since my bed's up against the wall, that means I either fall out or elbow the wall. Elbowing the wall, I have done, falling out of bed, I haven't. Ouch. Luckily for whichever of my cats that decides to sleep with me, I don't sleep that soundly very often at all! :p

I was glad my mattress and box spring are right on the floor, because I didn't have far to fall...not that it didn't still hurt. And then Colin rushed in (because he's always up early) to find out what had happened and if I was alright, and when he figured out I was alright started telling me about a dream he had about sheep sleeping in bunk beds and falling out of them, and saying "baa" when they landed. Meanwhile I'm still lying on the floor sort of wide-awake and yet still asleep.

"And then the other sheep rolled out and landed on the other one, and went "baaa"!" says Colin. "Baa," I said.

So I finally managed to wake up completely and go wash my hair and get dressed...and then I entered some more giveaways before breakfast. And I thought I was getting going on getting these things entered early, until I saw a comment Annabeth (hi, Annabeth!) had left on a giveaway at 6:30-something...and realized I wasn't early at all...in fact, I wasn't even up at 6:30!! It was 7 when my alarm went off and I rolled out of bed! :p

Anyway...I got going early (for me) and then Colin and I cleaned his room later in the morning...and it wasn't as tragic as it's been sometimes. He was willing to throw some stuff away and did a good job of sorting things back into their proper boxes, and he straightened his bookshelf all by himself. Yay!

And then...I can't remember what else I did yesterday...I got some stuff done though. Oh, I got some recipes copied out of a cookbook a friend let me borrow, and I played "tennis" with Colin for a while, and I knitted some last night. Oh, and I went to Dollar Tree to look at those dishes, and when I looked at them more closely, it looked like the paint would chip off easily, so I decided not to get them, but I found a ring-binder and I got some waxed paper. And then I went to the grocery store and got some stuff we needed for Colin's birthday supper tomorrow. Hamburgers and corn is what he wants. I didn't get the corn yet, and hopefully the stuff from the grocery store will be good, but Dad's going to get it on his way home Thursday, so it's as fresh as possible. As fresh as it can be from the store anyway! Dad stopped at a produce stand yesterday, but their corn didn't look very good either.

So Mom and I need to wrap Colin's presents today, and then I'll make the cake tomorrow.

Wow, there's over 800 giveaways listed this morning! I can't believe how many there are!

Well, I should get going, there are lots of things I should be doing today!

No comments: