Thursday, May 29, 2008

Coughing, cold, and camp

*cough, cough, cough.... cough*

Bother these allergies! At least I don't feel as bad as yesterday. I woke up yesterday feeling awful, and I only got feeling better after managing to take a short nap yesterday. I thought I wasn't going to feel up to going up to camp, but I was better by late afternoon and able to make it.

And boy, was it cold up there! It got fairly cold here at home, but I'd forgotten how cold it gets up at camp...brrr! Needless to say, that did not exactly help my cough and by the time I got home my throat was so worn out I was talking in a very, very low voice. And my parents were laughing at me... *sigh* After three cups of hot tea, my voice is now back (mostly), but when I got up this morning it was sort of missing on some levels! :p

Mandolinartist and I were talking last night about living out in the country, and she pointed out that I'd have even more trouble with my allergies, at least until I got used to it. Shoot...I hadn't ever thought of that! I thought it would be nice to live out in the country with tons of space and all...and tons of grass...*sneeze*. Maybe not! :p

Other than freezing, we had fun going up to camp...there weren't really any games we could join in, but we watched the games and talked in between...and we had grilled hamburgers for supper! Mmm...timed that right! lol! Tomorrow (tonight) will be homemade pizza, which is also good, but it's really best later when you eat it cold late at night.

I didn't get very many good pictures, I think mandolinartist got some good ones of all of us, so I'll post some of those when she emails them to me.

Caroline and Lauren:










It was cloudy so there wasn't a really good view off the mountain. When it's clear you can see downtown Winston (or maybe that's from up on the cliffs...):









The sign usually says "Welcome Homeschoolers":









*groan*...

7 comments:

Will said...

Haha! "Domestic Educators" Now that is just too funny! Political correctness these days...

Anonymous said...

Domestic educators...that's a little weird! Is that something THEY want to call US, or something WE want to be called? Or something THEY think that WE want to be called (whoever THEY are anyways).

Hey...those are my cousins! Hee hee...

N said...

Oh, they've got no problem with homeschooling! It's a Christian camp, and the director's family is homeschooled even, it was just someone trying to be funny. No, there's no THEY vs. US involved and the camp's pretty cool...I went there 5 years.

Yep, there's your cousins, Jessica! :)

Marck said...

Ha ha Caroline and Lauren are my cousins! I hope you feel better!

P.S. I LOVE duct tape!

N said...

Oh, right, you're one of Jessica's younger brothers...so yeah, your cousins too! lol I can't get over it that you're all related, but I only knew Jessica online...wow.

Duct tape?... oh, my random profile question! Yeah, duct tape is awesome stuff!!! :D

Beth said...

And my parents were laughing at me... *sigh*

Yeah, we're cruel like that. But you sounded like Lauren Bacall, so the provocation was severe.

Anonymous said...

At least you don't have four other cruel teenagers laughing at you every time you lose your voice :)