Thursday, May 01, 2008

Supper...and more

Supper tonight:









I cooked cheese ravioli and made herb rolls to go with it... I was thinking about step-by-step pictures, but the battery in my camera is going dead and I don't have any extras, plus the ravioli were a bit of a mess. At some point a couple of the ravioli must have gotten stabbed, because they were bleeding ricotta cheese all over the pan while they were cooking... :)

Argh, I'm trying to print a coupon for energizer batteries, but it's not printing! I guess I'll have it mailed to me and just get one pack of batteries tomorrow to hold me till I can use a coupon on more...bother. Why can't they just have a pdf of the coupon that you can print? Instead you have to install a coupon printer and all this other stuff that doesn't work.

I went up to the library today and picked up a huge pile of books to read. The library was closed Mon-Wed. for carpet installation so we had a big pile of books to return and another to pick up...Colin came with me because he wanted to see the new carpet, and I was glad to have him along to carry a pile of books. We have a bag we put the books in, but it filled up fast, so I loaded poor Colin down with a huge pile. :p So I have a bunch of interesting books to read:










I was able to go to the library because poor Dad had to come home with a migraine headache. He's feeling better now, but when he came out of the bedroom for supper he put his sunglasses on because the light was still hurting his eyes. It was pretty funny to see him eating supper while wearing sunglasses! :p Mom and I were laughing about it and Dad told us not to worry, he wasn't going to start playing the piano or anything...as he imitated Stevie Wonder-ish piano playing...at which point Mom and I were really cracking up! :D

So, that's what I did today...I don't feel like I accomplished a lot...although I did make two batches of rolls so we had one tonight and the other one is in the freezer for Sunday because we're going to someone's house for lunch. So I guess I did get all that done, and made supper, and retrieved and washed library books. Does anyone else wash their library books? Probably not, right? :p We just really like having non-sticky books, and some of those books, especially the kids' books can be so nasty. So we wipe them with a soapy washcloth, rinse them with a wet washcloth
and then dry them...and it makes the reading so much more pleasant. :)

8 comments:

Abigail said...

I haven't had ravioli in so long, I want some!

Anonymous said...

Oooh, I love the Tightwad Gazette! Are y'all gonna get some chickens? I've been reading about chicken tractors and stuff like that on the internet but I don't think anyone else around here would want any...

N said...

Ha-ha!:D I was wondering if anyone would try to read the titles of the books...especially since I ended up with them all upside down!

Yeah, we're thinking about the chickens...we need to find out what all it's going to take to have any. And yeah, the chicken tractors sound like what we'd have to do since we don't have vast acreage...at all. :p

Will said...

You wash library books? Have you ever seen this show called Monk? That sounds like something Monk would do.

I also have to add that chicken tractors are a pain to say the least! I could almost write a small book on the adventures we've had with various forms of them...

N said...

Ha, we may be a bit OCD, but not as much as Monk! :p

We can't really have chickens running all over our urban neighborhood, so that's why we were thinking of a chicken tractor. We've only got a quarter-acre lot, minus the area the house takes up, so not a ton of room. I mean, it would be great if we lived out in the country and could have chicken running all over, but unfortunately we don't... Do you have any good experiences with using chicken tractors, Will? I just don't see what else we could do that wouldn't require a lot more maintenance...but I haven't done much reading about it yet.

Anonymous said...

Ha, I can just picture the chickens (and Gracie and Lucy) running around next door...I'm sure G&G would love that :P

N said...

Ha! We were thinking about having Grandma and Grandpa share the eggs we got, so it would sort of be their chickens too, and we could move the chicken tractor across their yard too! ;) But yeah, loose chickens along with our cat and our extra cat would be...interesting. Hmm...I'd forgotten about Lucy, she might actually know what to do with a chicken...she's a fierce hunter.

Some people on the corner of the street behind us have a chicken, and it wanders over into our neighbors yard occasionally. One day I went out and saw the chicken come flapping loudly out of the bushes with Gracie behind it...I don't think she quite realized what she was getting herself into though! :D Because it's a big chicken, just about the same size as Gracie!

Will said...

I don't know if I could say I've had good experiences using chicken tractors, I've had a lot of very humorous ones, usually involving chickens who had a death wishes....