Wednesday, May 14, 2008

The way the camera follows us in slo-mo...

I intended to get some sewing done this morning, but I realized I was going to have to do something about my sewing table first. Okay, so my table collects enough stuff even when I'm not using it for sewing, but when I am sewing it gets fabric and other sewing stuff spread all over as well.









Oh dear. That's awful...really, really bad.

I had all the pattern pieces spread over my table, including the ones I wasn't using, so I folded those up and put them away, put away the stuff that shouldn't have been on the table in the first place. There was a small pillow that should have been on my bed, my wallet wasn't in my purse, and the can opener that I bought sometime last month still hadn't been put away. It's a neat can opener though, isn't it? :p :












Anyway, I got all that stuff (and more!) put where it belonged and put all the pins back in the pincushion...I usually end up taking the pin cushion in to the other room and pinning on the ironing board, and then I take the pins out while I'm sewing and they end up in a pile on the table while the pin cushion is still in the other room.

And then, because I'd gotten started cleaning, I cleaned up my whole room and dusted. And I think I'll go dust the rest of the house too, because once I really get started cleaning I keep going...

I'm sorry...I didn't blog yesterday! I couldn't really think of anything to blog about, so I thought maybe I just shouldn't blog. Novel idea, right? Something I probably don't do often enough...not blogging, that is. But I got some sewing done, and I watched A. Idol, and I knitted some...and after reading a blog that had a post titled "Days of Miracles and Wonders" I had this going through my head:

The Boy in the Bubble ~Paul Simon

Like most Paul Simon songs it doesn't make a lot of sense, but it's cool. The video is kind of random though...what's with that cat?!
I realized the other day that I got that iTunes card, and now I don't know what songs to get. I could get this song, and the others on the Graceland CD, but I want almost all of the songs on the CD, so it would probably be cheaper to just get it off of eBay and use the iTunes card for other stuff...I just don't know what! :D

Now my sewing table is nice and neat, and I can sew after I get my work done:

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love that can opener :) And the before photo of your table looks very similar to my entire room at the moment...

N said...

Got the can opener at Homegoods...I like that place.