Thursday, February 07, 2008

Spicy barbecue

Ooo, I'm stuffed! This is what I made for supper tonight:
Asian barbecue, I'm calling it. I got the idea from this: Roujiamo

I got a nice pork shoulder roast on sale at the grocery store last week, and I marinated it in soy sauce, rice wine vinegar, white wine, brown sugar, ginger, garlic, and salt. Then I cooked it on low heat in the oven for 4 hours.

I shredded it up and put some of this stuff on it: Sweet Chili Sauce (third product), along with some brown sugar and soy sauce.

For the bread I made pizza dough and brushed the rounds with olive oil, so they sort of fried in the oven.

So we ate that on the bread with onions, lettuce, and sour cream...and it was really good! Not quite how I expected it to taste, but probably fairly accurate.

It's the Chinese New Year today, so I guess this was good timing! :)

No comments: