Thursday, November 08, 2007

I need a bigger pocket

Hoodies are pretty cool...mine just needs a bigger pocket in it!

In my left pocket...a skein of Red Heart Soft in Paprika. In my hands, an inch of Maine Morning Mitts from The Knitter's Book of Yarn. It's offered as a free pattern on knittersreview.com right now.

This is a very handy set-up...I can walk around and knit at the same time. Which is good for me, because I sometimes have problems sitting still...when I talk on the phone I have a tendency to walk all over the room. Also, the yarn in my pocket kind of acts as an armrest...pretty good deal!

I didn't think I could work with double-pointed needles, because the other thing I've tried them on was when I tried to make a sock. I think the combination of very fine sock yarn and four dpns combined to make it impossible! I kept getting ladders, or gaps, every time I switched to another needle. This is worsted-weight yarn, so I have a better grip on it and can pull it nice and tight at the ends.

Of course, the pattern's fairly simple at this point...hopefully I won't have trouble when I get to the fingers.

I'm feeling better today, by the way! :)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I want those gloves!!!!!!! Maybe I'll try dpns too...although they kinda scare me...

The blog looks good!!

Anonymous said...

Hi Natalie, I love it when you put up a picture with your post, even if it is of your lunch :-) Back to October 30th - I think I know someone who can email you a picture of that wonderful sweater that you knitted for your baby cousin.