Friday, November 02, 2007

NaBloPoMo

So I'm going to try to participate in NaBloPoMo, or National Blog Posting Month. All you have to do is post every day of November. That includes Saturdays and Sundays though, and that's what's going to get me...I don't usually have much time on weekends to blog. Maybe this will get me to stick to the plan I had of blogging more anyway! We'll see...

So, that means I have to come up with something to blog about everyday. Hmm...I think I can do that.

This was my lunch today:

We had leftover mashed potatoes from some meal earlier this week and leftover taco meat from last night. Mom suggested to Dad that he take this in his lunch, but he wasn't so sure about it.
I actually thought it sounded good, so I put it together for lunch today. It's mashed potatoes, with taco meat on top, some bacon bits and cheese sprinkled on top, and sour cream on that. It was really very good, especially since we have some chipotle red pepper that tastes like bacon, so I mixed a little more of it into the meat. Yummy!

So Dad let me try driving the stick-shift last night...yeah...that was...interesting. Let me just say that: 1. I don't know why they even make stick-shift cars, 2. I could probably drive one if I had to in an emergency, 3. I hate driving stick-shift. I kept stalling the car, couldn't keep from rolling down a hill, and my knee hurt by the time we got home, from pressing the clutch. The pedals seemed to be badly arranged. And shifting is not easy either. Dad said this car was a little harder than say, a Honda, but a lot easier than the Toyota Corona he used to have. Whatever...I certainly won't ever buy a stick-shift on purpose!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I find myself wondering (when I should be cooking supper) why or how someone could *accidentally* buy a car with stick-shift.

Maybe buy it on Ebay without reading the specs real carefully?

The car arrives (via DHL?), you get inside...DANG...it's got a stick-shift!

Some people I could imagine that happening to...is it better to end a sentence with a preposition or an ellipsis? And why doesn't that band on the Greatest American Band show call itself "Ellipsis" instead of "Dot Dot Dot"?

N said...

Well...not "on purpose" so much as not unless I had to! :)

When in doubt, or when ever you feel like it, use ellipsis...that's what I do!

I think I will refer to them as "Ellipsis" because it's easier.