Tuesday, November 13, 2007

New look

As you might have noticed, I've been changing some stuff on the blog. Blogger has so many easy ways to add stuff now, so I can change stuff that I've wanted to mess with for long time.

Like the picture in the header...I've had that sitting in a folder on the computer for probably a year, because I couldn't figure out how to put in the header. Well, Blogger has a way to do that now...so I was able to put it in!

Other than that, I've mostly been updating my blogs list on the side and changing some colors for fall. That's one thing that I found annoying...on the Blogger colors & fonts page, it will only show you colors that are either in your blog, or will go with your blog. What it thinks will go with your blog, that is. When I was trying to change the background color, I had picked out one color that showed up with my original settings, but then I changed some other stuff and I couldn't find it again. I think they need to set it up so that all the possible colors are shown. I was able to find some color charts online that I ended up using to find out the code for what I wanted.

These sites were ones that I found particularly helpful:
http://www.december.com/html/spec/color.html
http://tips-for-new-bloggers.blogspot.com/2007/02/hexadecimal-html-color-codes-and-names.html
http://html-color-codes.com/
http://www.webmonkey.com/reference/color_codes/
http://www.pitt.edu/%7Enisg/cis/web/cgi/rgb.html

I'm not done with updating my blog list, I need to get it divided up into some different categories... if I can figure out how to do that. There used to be an "add page element" button on my template, but it doesn't seem to be there anymore...maybe I added too many elements?
I need a crafting section, and a friends and relatives section, or something!

Speaking of which, my cousin Rebecca now has a blog! Yay! :) She's still thinking of a blog name, so right now it's just: Temp Blog Title
That's basically what I started out with too! Temporary title till I think of something, anything!
So, go check out her blog too!

Anyway, I still have some work to do, but since it's easier now to change the colors and stuff, I may try to change stuff a bit depending on the season.

And now I need to go finish some chores. I'm going to some sort of soap-making class at the library this evening, so I need to get stuff done.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Does anybody have ideas for a blog name????

The soap-making class sounds fun...our library doesn't do stuff like that.