Okay, that was a bit gross. I just got done cleaning my bathroom, and after I was done with all that, I started scraping out the old caulking that was around the toilet. It was pulling away from the base of the toilet and getting moldy. I also figured out why it never smelled completely clean down by the toilet even when I had scrubbed the toilet super-thoroughly...that caulk was nasty! Since Colin shares the bathroom with me, the floor sometimes gets a little, um, wet, and I wasn't thinking about the fact that the caulking was also getting wet, all the way through because it was cracked. Sorry, tmi perhaps! :)
Anyway, I got all the old cracked caulking pulled out and bleached around the toilet. Now I just need to get some more caulk and re-caulk it. We have a tiny bit of the stuff I used before, but not enough to do the whole thing. Maybe I'll see if I can find something that holds even better, because I don't think it was that long ago that I put down the stuff I just pulled out. It was good silicone caulk and it's working fine around the sink though. Oh well. Maybe if it sits longer it will set up better...I figured out when I did the sink that the Glad Press & Seal plastic wrap works really well to keep the water out, so I'll have to use that on the toilet.
Anyways... Blech. Back to work.